Join one of the leading retail real estate companies in the western United States. Vestar specializes in the acquisition, management and development of retail real estate, including entertainment-retail complexes, power and lifestyle centers, and grocery anchored neighborhood centers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the leasing of a retail center portfolio in the western US.
- Develop and execute unique merchandising/tenant mix strategies for the projects.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive relations with national, regional, and local retailers.
- Develop the same relationships with the retail brokers serving the markets of this portfolio.
- Create similar relationships within the communities the projects serve, with the Civic leaders and their private sector counterparts.
- Oversee the portfolio’s brokerage prospecting efforts to execute on the merchandise strategies, directly with the retailers, their brokers and with the portfolio brokerage teams.
- Manage all the leasing documentation processes, letters of intent, draft leases, management leasing reports, annual budget assumptions, databases, and collateral marketing materials.
- Effectively and efficiently negotiate Landlord’s leasehold positions during the negotiation processes, working closely with Landlord’s attorneys and consultants.
- Work effectively with intra-company departments and disciplines to achieve the portfolio’s goals and objectives.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Five (5) years or more of retail leasing experience.
- Four (4) year college degree required, preferred fields of study include business, real estate, finance, law or other such related disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and social).
- Strong salesmanship skills and artful negotiation tactics.
- Extensive network of retailer and broker contacts, nationally, regionally, and locally.
- Strong knowledge-base of business operations, contracts, and construction related activities.
- Comfortable working in a professional, team oriented, and results-driven environment.
- Willing to travel in the western region of the United States and relocate as necessary.
- Entrepreneurial attitude.